A Green Hotel
Welcome to our green world. A green hotel in Hong Kong, Cosmo Hotel Wan Chai Hong Kong invites you to live up with the attitude that would make you feel greener, and the world much happier. This green hotel in Hong Kong takes the initiative and implement very important practices and policies to reduce energy consumption, water consumption and waste and being socially responsible which include:
- Encourage recycling and linen reuse programs
- Install energy efficient lighting
- Provide free shuttle bus to eliminate carbon dioxide emission
- Irrigate plants in outdoor patio to encourage oxygenation process
- Work with local hospitality school and organization to provide job opportunity
- Achieve a 100% smoke-free indoor environment for a healthy stay and happy workplace
- Promote local attractions and cultural heritage
Throughout the course of the year, we have also applied the below additional policies to put our vision into practice.
- Provide training opportunity and familiarization program in hotel to the less fortunate teenagers. This was completed in 2 phrases in April and July 2012 respectively
- Encourage reuse of cutlery and utensils at restaurants. This was in practiced since August 2012
As one of the largest consumer industries, hotels embracing green policy is not only a bandwagon but it is a necessary decision to save the sick planet. Hotels use up an enormous amount of energy due to the business nature hence we have to ensure our green message is spread across to our guests as well and together we push beyond the effectiveness to the maximum.
Love travel. Love our globe.