Data Privacy and Security Policy
Cosmo Hotel respects its customers and business partners’ privacy; all personal information (personal data) provided by you is treated with stringent confidentiality. Visits to our web site – www.cosmohotel.com.hk – are on an anonymous basis. Without your input we will not, and are not able to, collect any information about you. Unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide us with information, we will not know your identity, your e-mail address, or any other information identifiable to you.
Our web site may provide links to third-party Internet sites, which have their own separate privacy and data collection practices. Cosmo Hotel is not responsible or liable for these third-party policies or actions.
Collection of Data
We may request information from you in several areas of our web site. These areas include, but are not limited to:
- Our online reservations, request for proposal, newsletter subscription and brochure request;
- Enquiry and feedback forms;
- Marketing programmes and surveys
The types of data we may collect include:
- E-mail address
- Mailing address
- Country / territory of residence
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- Company name and job title
- Credit card information
- Travel details and preferences
Provision of data is subject to your own discretion. However, we may not be able to provide you with the service requested, in part or in whole, if the information is not provided.
Usage of Data
The data we collect may be used for one or more of the following purposes. In light of this, we may transfer information to third parties. However, we will never identify any single user in particular.
- To improve our services;
- To process and confirm your room reservation requests, and special services required during your stay;
- For identification and verification purposes;
- To contact you regarding your enquiries;
- For marketing purposes, including those of a cross / joint promotional nature with our business partners;
- To derive your travel patterns;
- For tailoring promotions;
- For working with affiliated partners;
- For our own reference and record; or
- When required or authorised by or under law to disclose the information
Cosmo Hotel protects your data submitted to us against unauthorised access through the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, the industry recognised standard for encryption over the Internet. Sensitive information, credit card details for instance, will be converted into codes prior to dispatching over the Internet. The web site is also equipped with a firewall, ensuring data collected from you is safeguarded against unauthorised use by others.
However, during your transmission of information to us, complete confidentiality of information cannot be guaranteed over the Internet. Cosmo Hotel, therefore, is not liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages of information or data as arise out of data transmission to us. You acknowledge that personal information is disclosed at your own risk and may be exposed to the possibility of unauthorised access by third parties, resulting in your receiving unsolicited messages through one or more means.
Cookies and Log Files
We will be sending you, on an occasional basis, information on Cosmo Hotel to keep you updated with our latest happenings and promotions. Should you decide not to receive any e-mail updates from us, you may unsubscribe to these services. Should you have any enquiries or comments, please e-mail us.